Coaches - Field Maintenance
Written by: League Administrator
Friday, May 17, 2013
Lakes Athletic Association needs everyone's help in keeping our fields in great condition. This is why the following items are mandatory for all coaches after each game:
- Rake the diamond around home plate, pitcher's mound and all bases making sure to push back the dirt that has been moved due to sliding into the low areas. Be careful not to "over" rake around pitcher's mound on #1, 5, 6 and 7 as these diamonds have raised mounds with clay underneath them.
- Reinstall all the base plugs and cover with dirt so when the fields are dragged the plug is not pulled off.
- Remove all trash from the dugouts and around the outside of the diamonds.
- Throw any empty chalk bags into the garbage containers, do not leave in the field boxes.
- Make sure all the rakes, shovels, chalker, etc. are put back in the field boxes.
If you have any questions please contact your division director.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping our fields safe for the kids.
Lakes Athletic Association